At Arrowhead Family Dental and Dentures , we have continued to monitor the situation regarding the COVID-19 public health crisis. Governor Ducey has issued a state mandate effective tomorrow, Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 8:00am that states “all non-essential or elective surgeries, including dental surgeries, that utilize personal protective equipment or ventilators shall not be performed at any licensed healthcare provider in the State of Arizona. This order shall remain in place until further notice.”
In order to remain compliant with the mandate and protect the health of our staff and our patients, any appointments for routine routine cleanings and/or elective procedures will be rescheduled for a later date. Our practice will remain available for urgent or emergency dental care only. Dr. Chugg will use his professional judgement to determine each patient’s need for urgent or emergency dental care.
Until the state mandate is lifted, our revised office hours for urgent or emergency care are as follows and are subject to change:
Monday: 9:00am – 2:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am – 2:00pm
Wednesday: By Appointment Only
Thursday: 9:00am – 2:00pm
Friday: 9:00am – 2:00pm
For details on what constitutes urgent or emergency dental care, please see the following link: https://www.ada.org/en/publications/ada-news/2020-archive/march/ada-develops-guidance-on-dental-emergency-nonemergency-care
For the continued protection of all our patients and out staff, we are requesting the following if you are seen in our practice for urgent or emergency dental care:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
Emergency patients will be required to complete a Medical History Addendum and will be screened for any signs, symptoms, or exposure to COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and communicate with our patients as needed. We appreciate your continued understanding and cooperation during this difficult time. We will continue our efforts to keep our practice family safe.
Arrowhead Family Dental and Dentures
Dr Darren Chugg, DMD, PharmD