At Arrowhead Family Dental and Dentures , we have continued to monitor the situation regarding the COVID-19 public health crisis. Governor Ducey has issued a state mandate effective, Friday, May 1st, 2020 at 8:00am permitting dental offices to “perform dental treatments and procedures (examples: general dentistry, exams, x-rays, hygiene, specialized dental care, etc.).”
In order to continue to protect the oral health of our patients, any appointments for routine routine cleanings and/or elective procedures can now be scheduled. Our practice will practice the utmost care by screening all patients for COVID 19, providing extra space in the waiting room, allowing extra time between patients for disinfection and frequently disinfecting the waiting room. Dr. Chugg will continue to use his professional judgement to determine each patient’s needs and evaluate the continually changing environment.
Our office hours for dental care are as follows and are subject to change:
Monday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Friday: 7:00am – 2:00pm
For details of what is currently allowed by the Arizona Department of Health, please see the following link: https://www.azdhs.gov/documents/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-disease-epidemiology/novel-coronavirus/healthcare-providers/waiver-faq.pdf
For the continued protection of all our patients and out staff, we are requesting the following if you are seen in our practice for dental care:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
All patients will be required to complete a Medical History Addendum and will be screened for any signs, symptoms, or exposure to COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and communicate with our patients as needed. We appreciate your continued understanding and cooperation during this difficult time. We will continue our efforts to keep our practice family safe.
Arrowhead Family Dental and Dentures
Dr Darren Chugg, DMD, PharmD